Nepenthe

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

www.blogwise.com

le photo

<< x BlogxPhiles x >>

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Phew  
It's been a busy week. I went for a follow-up with my doctor last Tuesday. I decided to go with 300 mils of the wellbutrin. At my next follow-up I need to mention this other thing. I've got these blood spots (petechiae) all over both of my arms. I've had them for quite a while - at least months, if not years - but lately they seem to have gotten a bit worse. Also, I researched them on a few medical sites. They're common and inconsequential most of the time - after heavy coughing or vomiting, after birth, after trauma, or because of certain medications. But those are short term and quickly resolved. Mine are constant and not related to any of those circumstances. The other possibilities are pretty serious - lupus, leukemia, syphilis. So, uh, that makes me worry. It's probably nothing, but just in case.

We took a vacation last Wed-Fri to the lovely city of Los Angeles. Yes, we already live here. See, on travel shows, people go to big cities and have a wonderful time. It got me to thinking about the people who live there; they're not having a wonderful time. I could go to another city and have a great time, but that's only because I don't have to live and work there. So I thought, other people come to L.A. for vacations and have fun. Why don't we just pretend we're tourists and have fun right here? We'll save money on airfare or gas and hotel, which we can spend instead on fancy restaurants and shows. Plus we'll get to sleep in our own bed. I mean, it's crazy that other people spend a bunch of money to get here and I live here and have access to this stuff all the time and I don't even bother with it. Tsk, tsk.

Anyway, it turned out really well. We did a bunch of cultural stuff and had a great time. I'll detail in another post later when I have more time.