Nepenthe

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

www.blogwise.com

le photo

<< x BlogxPhiles x >>

Monday, January 02, 2006

Blatant Schadenfreude  
I have to admit I did jump out of bed this morning and turned on the Rose Parade. Any other year I would not do that. But this year, it's raining. A lot. And windy. Sorry. Really, I'm more curious than gleeful. I want to know what happens to the floats and how the people deal with the weather. It's sociological interest, honest. Okay, I did laugh. Just a little! Hrm. My husband was much more amused, because he's mean. And a guy at work was practically giddy, but he's anti-everything, so.

It was really coming down. There's was a flash flood warning for this morning. Houses will be flooded, hills will slide, some into bedrooms. Just now the sun peeped through the clouds, even though it is still raining and very windy.

Did I spell schadenfreude right? So many letters.