Nepenthe

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

www.blogwise.com

le photo

<< x BlogxPhiles x >>

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

You Take the Good with the Bad  
We didn't go to my brother's graduation. Neither did he. He went out drinking with a friend-of-a-friend, got hammered, crashed his car, and spent the night in jail. He wasn't released until that afternoon, by which time my parents had already filed a missing persons report. He's a bit scratched up, but all right besides. I think he's an alcoholic.

So instead we went to see my husband's niece play soccer. She's a good defensive player.

I won the football pool last week. Finally. Now I feel validated, like I'm not just "the girl", not just making wild guesses. Which I'm not, I put a lot of thought into it.

On Saturday we saw Capote. Philip Seymour Hoffman is the best actor since I don't know what. He amazes me anew each time. I am completely in thrall to him. He rivals the mighty Malkovich.