Nepenthe

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

www.blogwise.com

le photo

<< x BlogxPhiles x >>

Monday, October 03, 2005

... My Old Friend  
Sorry no updates lately. I've been hibernating. I had lots to talk about but couldn't make the words come out. I just didn't have the energy. My husband has been urging me to consider going back on medication. I'll probably have to eventually if I'm to stay in this world. Sorry, I don't mean to sound so melodramatic. Let's talk about something nicer.

I won tickets to see Terry Riley at UCLA. I'd never heard of him and wasn't quite sure what to expect. It turned out to be quite nice. I had the impression of seeing an alternate reality for my father-in-law. What I mean by that is, had my father-in-law taken a slightly different path in life, he would have been very like Mr. Riley. It was like peeking into a parallel universe. My husband really liked Matmos. My favorite part was a hindustani piece that Riley did with his son. A bunch of the audience fleed the premises when Acid Mothers Temple played. It wasn't as loud as the emcee warned, although my ears were ringing a bit afterwards. All in all, a very fine time indeed. It was nice having to use my brain in that good, mind-expanding way.

I'm on a diet, which I think makes me crankier than usual. Also I'm exercising a lot more. Those who know recommend getting sweaty for 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week. So I'm on that exercise bike sweating for a half hour every day after work. Even during the fires when the air was all smoky, which may not have been a good idea, but I didn't want to miss a day. I was weighed at the doctor's office a couple weeks ago, and I'd lost two pounds since my last visit. So far, so good.