Nepenthe

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

www.blogwise.com

le photo

<< x BlogxPhiles x >>

Friday, September 02, 2005

Plans  
LIBRA (Sep 23 - Oct 22): The weekend may prove to be less social than usual, but it won't be unpleasantly so. You have been putting out a lot of energy for the sake of others and now it's time to withdraw from external noise so you can recharge your inner batteries. Tie up as many loose ends as possible early in the day so you can be ready for your mini-retreat. beliefnet.com

Those loose ends would be dropping my classes. As I already wrote, my employer refused to let me change my schedule to accomodate some daytime classes this semester. I had registered for another class as a backup that meets Friday evenings and Saturday afternoons. But we're planning to visit my sister-in-law's family later this year, so that would be two days of classes missed. Plus I'm trying to pay off some bills. And whether I take it this semester or next doesn't make any difference to my timetable, since I can't transfer until next fall anyway. So I'm going to drop that class and take it in the spring instead. I've been putting it off because I feel like a failure not going to school. My husband's been really good about helping me with these unproductive feelings. And he's right, it doesn't make me a failure. It's just a schedule adjustment, allowing me to tie up some loose ends - bills, family - and then I can take the class next semester with a clearer head. I'll catch up on some reading and practice my flute some more. And I still haven't got that tattoo yet, so I have to get moving on that.

Non sequitur: I just got the new Death Cab for Cutie album and I Love It. This is my new soundtrack.