Nepenthe

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

www.blogwise.com

le photo

<< x BlogxPhiles x >>

Friday, June 17, 2005

Looking Up  
I'm feeling somewhat better, if only because I couldn't feel any worse. Hey, nowhere to go but up.

Good:
I surveyed the employment landscape around here and it's actually quite good. A lot of my co-workers signed a petition in support of me at work.

Bad:
Had a meeting with management today. They took the position that they are right, no matter what. They didn't even pretend to come into the meeting with good faith; they had no intention of allowing any discussion. It didn't used to be like this. We got new management in a couple years ago; they're less qualified than their predecessors and they get all puffed up trying to cover for it. Everyone here is really demoralized by it. I actually have the gall to disagree and that makes me a target. Eh, kinda fascist.

So I have a routine appointment with my doctor next Wednesday. I'm gonna talk to her about going on Zoloft. Zoloft isn't associated with weight gain like Paxil is. My husband said I look like I've lost a little weight already. It feels like it. My clothes are fitting a little better. Hopefully I'll be back down to me size within a few months.

I've put in a request to change my work schedule to come in earlier, stay later, and have a longer mid-day break so I can take a couple classes that meet in the early afternoon. One is a statistics class I need to take as preparation for my major and it's better if I take it before I transfer (MWF). The other is Anthropology of Religion (TTh). I've been interested in that class for years now but it's always offered during midday so I never took it. I took another class with the same teacher and really enjoyed it, so I'd like to give it a shot while I can as this will be my last semester at this school.

I have a plan b - take a slightly different statistics class (math dept instead of social science dept) in the evening and no anthropology. I would very much prefer the former option. Here's hoping for better luck.