Nepenthe

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

www.blogwise.com

le photo

<< x BlogxPhiles x >>

Monday, May 09, 2005

Well, Hello  
1. Do you believe in love at first sight? Why or why not?
No. Except with puppies. Love is a complicated emotion that develops over time. There's no ramen noodle instant version of love.
2. What physical feature attracts you the most (romantically) to another person?
None. I tend to forget what people look like. I'd be the worst eye witness. Even people I've known forever, I can't really describe them. On the other hand, I'll remember the words you use, the gestures you make, and your smell. I remember the smell of people I haven't seen in 10 years. But a friend I saw yesterday, I can't tell you how tall he is or what he was wearing.
3. What do you think is the biggest benefit of being in a romantic relationship?
Well, if it's a good relationship, that feeling of being in it together. You know, whatever happens we're in it together. Very summer blockbuster, but really it's comforting to know someone's there to catch you.
4. Biggest downside?
No downsides in a good relationship.
5. Has your idea of love and romance changed? If so, how?
In some respects. I understand sacrifice better now, and seeing another person's point of view. Previously, I thought a relationship was safe but a loss of freedom. Now I see that a relationship is about responsibility, which would be seen as a loss of freedom if one were disinclined toward responsibility.

Turns out marriage is the best thing I ever did, and I love my husband more every day. Sappy, I know, but true.