Nepenthe

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

www.blogwise.com

le photo

<< x BlogxPhiles x >>

Monday, April 18, 2005

Lil Friday Five  
1. What is the one book that you reread over and over again?
As a teen, I read "Light a Single Candle" by Beverly Butler many times over. That poor much-loved paperback was falling apart. I think that's the only book I've ever read more than once. Generally I have too many books on my must-read list to bother reading any over again.
2. What is your favourite genre?
Fiction / Literature (to escape reality)
3. Do you usually buy your books or visit the library?
When I was young and poor I went to the library. The second I had money of my own I bought books. Now I have a serious book-buying problem. For some women it's shoes, for me it's books.
4. Who is your favourite author?
Oh, I can't choose just one. I'll narrow it down to: Banana Yoshimoto, Kurt Vonnegut, Hunter Thompson, Edith Wharton, and Haven Kimmel. For now.
5. What book have you read that you absolutely hated?
"Sisters of Salome" by Toni Bentley. Yech. It was an ill-advised gift from a friend. I couldn't bring myself to finish it. What could she have been thinking?