Nepenthe

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

www.blogwise.com

le photo

<< x BlogxPhiles x >>

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Dispatches From the Soggy Southwest  
Last I heard we're in second place. Second most rain to ever fall in Los Angeles since they've been keeping track. And it looks like we're on target to move to first place soon.

Fortunately, this weekend was gorgeous. Sunday we went fishing at Dana Point. I had a few bites, probably halibut, but kept losing them. I got lots of practice casting. Finally, at the end of the day I caught a sea bass. It was only a juvenile so I had to throw it back, but what a thrill. Man, I'm hooked on fishing. We're planning to go out on a skiff soon. So far I've been fishing at a lake, off a jetty, on the beach, so the open ocean is next. No fish will be safe from me.

We're going to see As You Like It at the Ahmanson Friday. Then of course Easter festivities all weekend with the family.