Nepenthe

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

www.blogwise.com

le photo

<< x BlogxPhiles x >>

Monday, November 08, 2004

Melange  
We went to the wedding of one of my husband's high school friends. They don't really keep in touch anymore. His bride was Catholic so he converted. I'd never seen a Catholic wedding before. They're loooooong. I had no idea. My wedding took about 15 or 20 minutes. This went on for 2 hours! Man, that's dedication.

We had to cut out early because we had tickets to a play. I bought these tickets thinking we'd have plenty of time to do both, not realizing the wedding would take the whole day and night. The wedding was at 1:30, reception at 4, and by 8 they hadn't even finished dinner. I felt bad leaving, but how was I supposed to know? Weddings in my family last about 3 or 4 hours total. Service and reception.

The play was Scenes From the Big Picture by Furious Theatre Company at the Pasadena Playhouse Balcony Theatre. It was really good. A little difficult to assimilate to the language (Irish accent and slang) but the ideas are clear even if the speech sometimes isn't. It's really a very clever staging with raw, honest emotion. The characters are well developed and portrayed excellently by the actors. This is an amazingly talented company.

So, Ashcroft's gone, and now Powell. Wonder who's next?