Nepenthe

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

www.blogwise.com

le photo

<< x BlogxPhiles x >>

Friday, July 23, 2004

Novel  
I'm reading Blues Lessons by Robert Hellenga.  I'm about a 1/3rd through it.  So far it's pretty sad; not in an epically tragic way, but in an everyday way.  But it's the pain that makes it beautiful.  I'm already loving it as much as his other two.

My grandma's here visiting - my mom's mom.  We hardly ever see her because she lives out of state and my mom isn't close with her family.  She came out to visit at my wedding and at my high school graduation.  A portion of my family, including her, will be coming over to see our new place this weekend.  Which means I've got some cleaning to do tonight.  I did most of the dishes yesterday and my husband did some laundry.  But that's just the tip of the iceberg.

School starts in a few weeks.  I've thrown caution - and sense - to the wind and registered for two big classes, meaning I'll be at school four nights a week.  My life will consist almost entirely of College Algebra and Physical Anthropology for the next few months.  God help me.

Work is crazy busy, as evidenced by the lack of recent posts.  The less said about that, the better.