Nepenthe

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

www.blogwise.com

le photo

<< x BlogxPhiles x >>

Thursday, May 27, 2004

Up To Speed  
Yay for Fantasia! Awesome, awesome, awesome.

Friday night we watched a DVD of Georgia. Only bother watching this mess if you're a connoisseur of Jennifer Jason Leigh performances. She is excellent, as always. The director, on the other hand, is not so good. It was choppy and uneven. We realized it was bad in the first five minutes. But for some reason we watched the whole thing. Even though it never got any better. I don't know.

Saturday we went to Culver City for Shoe Frenzy. It's donated designer shoes that you buy for really low prices with the money going towards health care for women. But as we drove up, we saw the incredibly loooooong line. Yeah, no fucking way am I waiting in a line like that. Not for any charity, not for any amazingly low-priced shoes. So, change of plans. We went to Kokomo at Farmer's Market for breakfast and then ended up spending the rest of the day at the Grove. Wow! I'd never been there, but had assumed it was stupid (like I always assume everything is, silly me). I was so wrong. I love the Grove! I got a cute pink sundress at Anthropologie, more cotton v-strings from Victoria's Secret (you can never have enough), and two tanks and a skirt from J Crew. My husband got a few books at B&N. Then we saw Van Helsing at the fabulous theatre there. It was pretty and mediocre as I expected. We spent a good deal of time laughing at the movie, not with it. But it was good fun. After all that, I was hungry again. So we got red beans and rice at the Gumbo Pot. Yummy!

Sunday we went to see Shrek 2 at the theatre near our apartment with my husband's sister, her husband, and their little girl. It was sold out and packed with small children. But, and this is a ringing endorsement, I enjoyed the movie so much I hardly noticed all the kids. I want to see it again. That's very unusual coming from me; I almost never want to see movies a second time.

We've been looking for an apartment, but having no luck. We are very picky. We're spoiled in our current place (large kitchen, formal dining room, hardwood floors, lots of windows), but it's at the higher end of our budget. We can't live there and save for a house. Enough procrastinating, time to get our shit together and buy a house. So, we want a smaller place (1 bd instead of 2) that costs less so we can save a down payment. But we don't want to give up the hardwood or the large rooms. It's a tough find.