Nepenthe

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

www.blogwise.com

le photo

<< x BlogxPhiles x >>

Thursday, February 19, 2004

Wow, That Was Fast  
Oh my god, I've already started mirroring my instructor. School started this week; my first class was last night. I had less than one hour of contact with this woman and I'm already mimicking her. I don't mean in a bad way. I just instinctively mirror people's speech. Like the words they use, the cadence of their speech, facial expressions, postures, pretty much everything about them. It's an unconscious thing I do with everyone. I'm sure there's lots of times I do it without even noticing. But usually it takes more contact before I incorporate a new person's set of behaviors.

Just a minute ago I was thinking. My thoughts take the form of group therapy. I imagine I'm talking to a group of people - friends, family, coworkers, it depends on what the topic is. So I was thinking in this way, and I noticed that in my thoughts I was talking like her. Less than an hour of lecture and already her speech patterns have infiltrated my thoughts.