Nepenthe

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

www.blogwise.com

le photo

<< x BlogxPhiles x >>

Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Out the Other Side  
I'm finally over that wicked flu. This long holiday weekend was just what I needed. We spent most of the weekend at home, cleaning. All the dishes had been piling up because I was sick. Our apartment was filthy. It looks amazing now. Of course, it needs to be understood that my definition of filthy is actually very similar to some people's idea of clean. Or, a better way to put it is, our home at its worst is like some homes at their best. But it's never as good as I want it. I have very high, nigh unreachable, standards. I want everything to be beautiful and sparkling. Problem is, I have a life. Which precludes me from cleaning all the time and spending all my money on decorating.

When we weren't cleaning, we watched movies. I want to see all the Oscar nominated (major category) movies for once so I can actually have a truly informed opinion. I doubt that'll happen, so I'm at least watching the movies everyone's talking about. This weekend alone we watched Chicago, Pirates of the Carribean, and Cold Mountain. I didn't think I'd like any of them, so I was surprised that I really enjoyed all of them. Last week we saw LOTR: The Return of the King, which was the best of the trilogy, and Girl With a Pearl Earring, which was disappointingly bad.

Still on my must-see list are Thirteen, Mystic River, The Last Samurai, Seabiscuit, Master and Commander, and City of God. I should also see House of Sand and Fog, In America, and Monster.

There are just so many things I need to cram into my brain before I die.