Nepenthe

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

www.blogwise.com

le photo

<< x BlogxPhiles x >>

Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Wrap It Up  
01 Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more?
I don't remember if I made any last year. Probably not, as I never do. I won't be making any this year, either.
02 Did anyone close to you give birth?
No.
03 Did anyone close to you die?
No.
04 What would you like to have in 2004 that you lacked in 2003?
A home that I own.
05 What date from 2003 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
None. I'm terrible with dates. It's part of a general difficulty with all aspects of time.
06 What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Acquiring my first college degree (AA). To be followed by others in due time.
07 What was your biggest failure?
No house, no kids, no BA. It's really only a perception of failure for not conforming to the expectations of family and society.
08 Did you suffer illness or injury?
Tons, I was sick all year. Plus there was that ovarian cyst thing.
09 What was the best thing you bought?
Closet accessories. Every day I look in my closet and smile.
10 Where did most of your money go?
Besides rent? Car payments.
11 What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Oh, goodness. I get excited about everything, at least for a little bit. I suppose first place goes to my degree and second to revamping my apartment.
12 What song will always remind you of 2003?
I can't think of one. Perhaps with distance.
13 Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder?
happier
thinner or fatter?
thinner
richer or poorer?
neither, about the same
14 What do you wish you'd done more of?
Painting.
15 What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worrying.
16 How did you spend Christmas?
Family, family, family. Third time was the charm, as we saw Varekai.
17 Did you fall in love in 2003?
Over and over again with my husband.
18 How many one-night stands?
Zero.
19 What was your favorite TV program?
Tie between Carnivale and Queer Eye
20 Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No.
21 What was the best book you read?
The Master & Margarita. Or, wait. One Hundred Years of Solitude. Or, hmm.
22 What was your greatest musical discovery?
R&B.
23 What did you want and get?
Under threat of divorce, my husband finally cleaned his room.
24 What did you want and not get?
Children & a house. That's not fair of me, though, because I only wanted them intermittently.
25 What was your favorite film of this year?
Lost in Translation.
26 What did you do on your birthday?
I was a bridesmaid at my sister's wedding.
27 How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2003?
My what? I don't make a concept, I just wear what I like.
28 What kept you sane?
Pure force of will. But it gets harder every day to hang on.
29 Which celebrity/public figure did you admire the most?
No one's coming to mind.
30 Who did you miss?
My uncle. He died 5? 6? years ago.
32 Who was the best new person you met?
My new little nephew.
33 Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2003:
People regret the things they don't do more than the things they do.
34 Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I can't possibly fit this year into one song.