Nepenthe

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

www.blogwise.com

le photo

<< x BlogxPhiles x >>

Friday, January 16, 2004

Shmonogamy, or Elephant in the Room  
I had a discussion with my husband last night about monogamy. Specifically the discrepancy between our beliefs - he's pro, I'm con - and my depleting patience with this situation. He's known my position, we've discussed it circumspectly before. I'm reluctant to bring up the subject, any subject really, because he's difficult to discuss things with. He gets emotional about things and has trouble with verbal expression. We've been married three years and I've just now put it on the table. I gave him the assignment to come up with a good argument for it. All he could give me yesterday was basically "that's what people do", which is totally unacceptable to me. I don't cotton to these knee-jerk opinions. All beliefs must be reasoned out and fully understood. "Everyone else does it" will not cut it.