Nepenthe

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

www.blogwise.com

le photo

<< x BlogxPhiles x >>

Monday, January 05, 2004

Shindig  
So for New Year's Eve my husband and I had a friend over for dinner and champagne. My husband took a two hour nap in the middle of it. We hung out and talked, then watched the ball drop on tele.

My 70 year old father-in-law went with a female friend to another female friend's house for a raucous party, which then spilled over to another female friend's house (they live on the same block). Lots of drinking and dancing. You would not believe this guy, he is such a hit with the ladies.

My 40-something sister-in-law and her husband left their kid with his sister and went to Miss Kitty's Naughty New Year's Eve Ball at the Dragonfly. The Boogie Nights played and there was karaoke with the band. They stayed the night at a hotel down the street from the club.

I just don't even know what to say about that. I'm speechless and, somehow, shamefaced.