Nepenthe

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

www.blogwise.com

le photo

<< x BlogxPhiles x >>

Wednesday, October 08, 2003

my not so triumphant return  
Well, I've been sick for a week now. I took a vacation last Wednesday through Friday to help with my sister's wedding. Wednesday I begged off and stayed home trying to get well. No luck with that, so Thursday I was out shopping for bridesmaid gear with my mom and sisters (oh, joy). Friday I was back out there getting the de riguer wedding party mani-pedi before we headed off to Dana Point for the rehearsal and accompanying dinner. Saturday I was at the site bright and early (and On Time) at 9am. However, nobody else was. Everything went wrong but my sister remained remarkably calm. She is unbelievably unflappable. Of course, my other sister and my mom more than made up for it in hysterics. The sun came out just in time for the ceremony, which was an hour late. So, of course I sunburned, having been out of doors for greater than 30 minutes. sigh

Weddings are really sticky events. All in all this one went fine. No mass vomiting.

Since I got no rest, I only got sicker. Sunday was the worst (I had to cancel plans for my birthday dinner with hubby's family), and I stayed home Monday and Tuesday. I just returned to work today, still a bit under the weather but certainly better.