Nepenthe

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

www.blogwise.com

le photo

<< x BlogxPhiles x >>

Monday, September 29, 2003

Motherfuck!!  
I was supposed to have a funny post today about my weekend, Sunday in particular. We were supposed to visit my family and do a church thing in the morning and then in the evening go to a show at the Ford. The funny part was that the show was Pinafore!: "A one-night-only encore performance of Celebration's multi-award-winning sendup of Gilbert & Sullivan's H.M.S. Pinafore, updated and set in a separate-but-equal gay Navy and reinforced at the Ford by the Gay Men's Chorus' 85 voices."

So, why am I not posting that? Because we didn't go. We forgot about the show. The family thing took way longer than expected so we didn't get home until 7:30. We forgot entirely about the show and went grocery shopping. Then we had dinner, watched TV, and I did a little homework. This morning I was going through our stack of miscellaneous papers (mail and such) that we keep on the dining room table and I found the tickets.

I was so angry at myself. I yelled for a bit, then stormed out of the house and drove way too fast until I saw a highway patrol. After that I managed a reasonable 70 the rest of the way to work. Then I went in the back room to ostensibly clean up some files and cried. I was really looking forward to that show. All told, with tickets and prepaid parking, I'm out $50. For no good reason.

And why did I forget? Because I haven't hardly slept in days! My husband's cat has taken to yowling very loudly 4 or 5 times every night. So now I'm waking up more during the night than if I had an infant to feed. I'm exhausted! I slept half the day yesterday, and when I wasn't sleeping I was basically sleep-walking. I have a test tonight in Philosophy of Religion and I've been too tired to study. I can't focus. I'm going crazy and this is the last straw. The cat must go!