Nepenthe

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

www.blogwise.com

le photo

<< x BlogxPhiles x >>

Thursday, July 31, 2003

Well, I Was Kinda Avoiding It, But ...  
Friday Five

1. If your life were a movie, what would the title be?
Live Nude Girls. Oh wait, that's taken. (Vaginal Davis is the Pool Man; how cool is that.)

2. What songs would be on the soundtrack?
Severely eclectic. In order to convey what my life is like, you'd need to hear what I heard. Soooo, in vaguely chronological order: Abba, Air Supply, Starship, Stacy Q, Madonna, Erasure, Creedence Clearwater Revival, They Might Be Giants, The Cure (LOTS OF IT), Depeche Mode, Pizzicato Five, Tori Amos, No Doubt, PJ Harvey, jazz (hot & cool), gamelan, blues.

Wow, I've never seen it put in black and white. It looks pathetic and confusing.

3. Would it be a live-action film or animated? Why?
Live action. Because it ain't Animated Nude Girls. haha. ahem.

4. Casting: who would play you, members of your family, friends, etc?
Casting me and my family would be difficult because nobody looks like us. I've also never seen anyone who can do full-on attitude like my sisters can. Seriously, major 'tude. I suppose I'd have to get a bunch of ethnic actors - chinese, hawaiian, and latina - to approximate our look. And they would have to be dedicated to the theatre craft so they could put in the time and effort needed to study us to get it right. As for friends, whatever.

5. Describe the movie preview/trailer.
Various shots of me at different ages. In each shot I'm with a group of friends or family. I say a non sequitur that is (in my head) tangentially related (usually via wordplay) to a topic the group is discussing or a phrase somebody says. Conversation stops and everyone looks at me like I'm suddenly covered in green feathers.

I honestly can't tell you how many times that's happened. It's been the only constant in my life.