Nepenthe

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

www.blogwise.com

le photo

<< x BlogxPhiles x >>

Wednesday, July 30, 2003

REM  
I had a dream last night that my father-in-law was putting on a live music event and asked me to participate. I was to play the flute accompanied by a drummer. I haven't played in a looooong time but I still have my flute. We figured I'd be able to just pick it right back up. It was an overcast day around dusk. The informal concert was to be held on the bank of a river. There was a small run-down house on the bank where I was to prepare. I practiced in there a little bit and then went outside. A small crowd was gathering on the opposite bank. It was a small river, I guess more like a creek. We (me, drummer, FIL) stood on a small concrete pier-like thing on the bank. It was like the remnant of an old dam. A woman who used to be my friend many years ago, until we had a falling out, had come to listen to the show. I was a little nervous about being able to play, but was willing to give it a shot. Nobody was putting any pressure on me. Everyone just expected me to try and whatever I could do was fine. I was practicing my scales to warm up.

I woke up before the concert started.