Nepenthe

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

www.blogwise.com

le photo

<< x BlogxPhiles x >>

Friday, May 02, 2003

Yum!  
We invited a friend over for dinner tonight. I just figured out the menu.

Mache with avocado and grapefruit in a lime vinaigrette
Jasmine rice steamed in lime essence
Salmon poached in grapefruit juice and chardonnay

I like to use the wine I'm serving with dinner in one of the dishes. Tonight that will be a Melville 2001 Estate Chardonnay.
Tasting Notes: The wine exhibits very intense, clearly defined aromas of lemons and limes coupled with minerally components reminiscent of wet river stones. Those same flavors carry through in the mouth along with a strong grapefruit character. On the palate, the wine possesses great volume and amplitude which is reigned in and directed by its tremendous acidity which also serves to maintain the wine's crispness.
I'm making up the recipe for the salmon. Also, I'm making up that lime essence thing with the rice. I'm not sure if either of them will work. I do have a recipe for the salad and I've made it before, so at least that will be good.