Nepenthe

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

www.blogwise.com

le photo

<< x BlogxPhiles x >>

Monday, May 05, 2003

Weird Thing About Me # ... um, I lost count  
On the Myers Briggs personality test I always come up INFJ. I've taken it probably 4 or 5 times over the past 13 years, using different versions of it, during different moods, under different circumstances. That just means I've had a pretty stable personality over the years. The weird thing is that I always score 100% Introverted on the Introvert/Extrovert part. Most people aren't quite so decidedly one or the other; it's usually a matter of degrees. This trait makes it very hard to interact with others. It's taken a lot of practice for me to learn how to act extroverted in situations where it is desirable or necessary to do so. Even after all that practice it still takes effort, but it isn't as difficult as it was. Before, I likened it to pushing myself off a cliff. Now, it's more like shoving myself forward. One day I hope it becomes more like a nudge, although I don't expect it will ever become natural behavior for me.