Nepenthe

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

www.blogwise.com

le photo

<< x BlogxPhiles x >>

Tuesday, April 01, 2003

An Update On My Weekend Activities  
So, I didn't go to the rally. My husband had a bad feeling about it. This probably had something to do with my being injured at the last rally. I could tell he was worried. He finally said something on Saturday afternoon. He hadn't wanted to tell me because he didn't want me to not go and then be upset about it. Of course, I'm not upset about it. So I told him I'd treat him to breakfast Sunday anywhere he wanted. We went to Marston's in Pasadena. He dropped me off out front so I could get us on the waiting list while he looked for parking. He parked the car around the corner and while walking back he ran into a couple friends of ours (Mark & Sue of Craftsman Brewery). So we had breakfast together and they treated us as a late wedding present. Serendipity, yo.

On Saturday, we went to the movies and saw View From the Top. I was really upset about a bunch of things, so this light comedy really hit the spot. It was like the movie equivalent of a Hostess Cherry Pie. No nutritional value, lots of sugar and fat. Mmmmmm. Sunday night we went out for Cuban food at a new restaurant around the corner from us with a friend of ours. The wait was a little long, because the service is rather slow, but it was worth it. Quite delicious! We will definitely be back. While we were waiting to be seated, we walked across the street to another new restaurant (gentrification, ahoy!) called Joseph's Cuisine. Turns out it's Armenian food, which I like, and they do carry out, which is perfect for poker. I hope the boys like Armenian food.