Nepenthe

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

www.blogwise.com

le photo

<< x BlogxPhiles x >>

Monday, March 24, 2003

What is Success?  
In my reading of blogs and their comments today, I've come across many similar statements that can be summed up thusly:
The protests are accomplishing nothing.
It seems like success is being defined as stopping the war. Well, that's one of the aims of the protests. But it isn't the whole enchilada. I do not expect that my protests will stop the war. For one thing, I am part of the minority. For another, the administration isn't interested in the people. Frankly, government collectively cares for corporations, not people. So, why then? Why do I protest?

To stand together with those of like mind. To express my beliefs. To know I am not alone. To let others know they are not alone. To show my solidarity with the global community of peace.

These are my aims in protest. I have accomplished much.