Nepenthe

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

www.blogwise.com

le photo

<< x BlogxPhiles x >>

Sunday, March 30, 2003

Hooray for the Red, White and Blue  
First off, I'm going to pretend that the reason you're waving those U.S.A. flags is to foster community among your brother and sister citizens. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and imagine that you want nothing better than to sing "God Bless America" around a campfire with a diverse group of your neighbours. I'll suppose that you really believe the ideals for which this great nation stands - Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Religion, etc.

But have some respect! I've seen so many flags improperly displayed. There's a law, you know! Or, wait, I guess you don't. Well, frankly, in this case ignorance is disrespect. So, here for you today, I am linking to the Federal Flag Code. Read it, learn it, and stop treating our flag like shit! Stupid jingos.