Nepenthe

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

www.blogwise.com

le photo

<< x BlogxPhiles x >>

Friday, December 20, 2002

Peace  
This year I've decided there is no Christmas. I refuse. I refuse to shuffle comatose around a mall carrying too many packages of things I can't afford. I refuse to be surrounded by screaming babies & children whose parents are too busy racking up bankruptcy-inducing credit card debt to pay attention to them. I refuse to go on guilt-ridden searches for the mythical "perfect gift" for any "special someone". I refuse to purchase tools for men and jewelry for women to enforce society's rigid gender roles (like in the Sear's ads that piss me off). I will spend my time with people I like, not hordes of strangers. I reject crass consumerism! Say it with me people. Fuck You Santa Claus!!!

Warm Feelings to All at this Solstice Time