Nepenthe

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

www.blogwise.com

le photo

<< x BlogxPhiles x >>

Friday, November 08, 2002

Wha?  
So, what's the deal with my blog title? Well, since you asked, I'll tell you. Nepenthe is a restaurant in Big Sur. While searching for that link, I found this one for Nepenthe vineyard in Australia. Why is this interesting? I was born in the same part of Australia where this vineyard is located. Coincidence? Anyway, back to the restaurant. When my husband and I drive to Monterey for vacation, we'll often stop in Cambria for the night before continuing. Because I get really fussy on long drives. Then on the road from Cambria to Monterey we'll stop at Nepenthe to eat. It's the perfect half-way stopping point. On their menu, they explain the meaning of nepenthe and I like it. I'm hoping this blog will serve as something like that; that by releasing my thoughts into the ether I will unburden my restless soul.